Tomorrow is the big day when stars are made and salary rates are elevated as more money are generated for all parties involved. Know these Oscar stats and be the light of your viewing party.
- It will be televised in 225 countries and territories with a predicted rate of 26.5 million viewers.
- Out of the 928 members of the Academy: 49% are women, and 38% are people of colors, and they come from 59 countries.
- The Oscar ceremony budget was $44 million.
- Each Oscars gold plated statuette costs $400.
- The Oscars red carpet is 500 feet long.
- The cost of a 30-second ad during the Oscars is $2.6 million.
- An average clothes and accessories cost for an A list actress is $10 million.
- An Oscars win earns the actor/actress an average of 20% pay increase.
- A Best Picture win will earn a movie an extra $15 million in box office sales.
- The value of this year’s Oscars goodie bags is $150,000.
- Walt Disney holds the record for having won the most Oscars.
While Asian directors and other Asian talents have won Oscars for their contributions to Hollywood, only three Asian (2 actors & 1 actress) have won the Oscars: Ben Kingsley (Half Indian) for “Gandhi,” Haing S. Ngor (Chinese/Cambodian) for “The Killing Fields,” and Miyoshi Umeki (Japanese) for “Sayonara.”
When it comes to Vietnam, the only movie that got nominated for the Oscars in the category Best Foreign Language Film was “The Scent of Green Papaya” (Mùi Đu Đủ Xanh) by director Trần Anh Hùng in 1993. This year, Vietnam submitted “The Tailor” (Cô Ba Sài Gòn), directed by Trần Bửu Lộc and Nguyễn Lê Phương Khanh, but did not receive a nomination.